03 April 2014

National Poetry Month!

I will be writing a lot more poetry this month seeing as it is Poetry Month. I will still write short stories but poems create a story for each reader to interpret and love. It may be written by one person for a particular reason but each individual gets to understand that reason and make it their own. Happy Poetry Month every one!

1 April 2014


Say Anything Writes a Lyrical Love Story

You're looking quite sharp, sugar. You've got some teeth on that stare. You've got them tattered blue jeans on. You've done that thing with your hair. Well, from here on forth, I'm yours and even if your whisper eats my ear your voice shall be the only song I long to hear. I'd walk through hell for you. Let it burn right through my shoes. These soles are useless without you. Through hell for you, let the torturing ensue. My soul is useless without you.

I have the sketchy past, yet I have shed my wings, cold turkey now hanging by a heart-string. Dangle over her, above the pulsing bar, she tries to catch my eye, her gaze is deafening. What do you call a lass conservatively dressed, with a glimmer in her eye that screams "I'm next"? I am the greasy chump with whom she'll fall in love. If I'm her fall from grace, then she's my christening.

Alive with love, alive with love tonight. You're what keeps me believing the world's not gone dead. Strength in my bones put the words in my head. When they pour out to paper, it's all for you. 'Cause that's what you do.

Songs used by Say Anything: By Tonight, Shiksa (Girlfriend), Walk Through Hell, So Good, Alive With The Glory of Love and I Want To Know Your Plans.

2 April 2014

I Just Want Peace

I am good you see,
I truly strive to be,
Yet my heart does ache
And I cannot mend it.
I feel the pain
That fills up this world,
I feel your disdain,
You make me feel so weak.
I cannot comprehend
Why you hate me so.
I tried to be kind
But your heart chills the snow.
I think about you all daily,
I bet you think of me never.
You get joy out of my pain
And I simply just want peace.

No comments:

Post a Comment