22 April 2014

I love San Diego!

The weather is beautiful! It is a solid 70's and not too humid, just humid enough. I got to spend tons of time at the beach with my bestie Robbi and tomorrow I get to see Nikki!!!! As much as I love it here, it is very expensive and I miss my husband and furry babies. I go home late Wednesday night so I will post pictures from the trip by the end of the week.

Hope everyone is having a good start to the week (sorry not everyone gets to spend it at the beach!) and I hope you all enjoy Earth day tomorrow! I luckily will be far from Mission Bay (where $eaWorld is) and I am sure my family appreciates that, otherwise I may end up having a run in with the cops.

Good night friends!

19 April 2014

The Surfing Seal

As we walked along the pier we watched many surfers enjoying the big waves. The swell was perfect and the weather was warm. People were fishing off the pier and birds were gawking above the crowd. Out amongst the surfers we watched with joy as a seal head bobbed with the waves. The wave would come and the seal would duck down. He would back off then follow the wave forward. All alone, while the sun shined bright and the surfers delighted us all, the seal played. He was all alone, no other seal in sight, but he surely did not feel alone as he surfed the white ocean waves with all the beach bums dotting the horizon.

20 April 2014

Strength

In all these years
We've grown and overcome,
Our hearts have begun to heal
And the scars don't ache as much.
We all remember where we were,
No one will forget the day,
The community felt shattered,
Fear and grief grasped our souls.
With all the horror,
With all the pain,
We overcame great odds
And together defeated an enemy.
Our strength knows no bounds,
As we come together like a family.
Even after 15 years the motto stands true,

Through it all, we are Columbine.

No comments:

Post a Comment