05 April 2014

Mad Men

I am sitting here watching the time capsule that is Mad Men. The time period is excellent! I love the style and the way they talk and the way they live. It is all so interesting! To think, people actually lived without cellphones! I love the glamour of the show but I am so happy I was not a woman during that time. I can assure you, I would not apologize to my husband for being mad at him after finding out he had an affair. I would also not let my husband treat me like a commodity. I am a housewife to a degree but my husband treats me as an equal and respects me. We respect each other. I take care of him and he takes care of me. That is how we work. A man from the Mad Men era absolutely could not handle me, I know that for sure!

Hope you enjoy my rant! My next post will be more exciting because Game of Thrones comes back tomorrow!!!!!!!!!

3 April 2014

The Mountain

I found this peak and choose to climb it. I saw a yellow tree that marked the middle and began my ascent. I climbed and climbed, sometimes quickly, often with difficulty but climbed nonetheless. I reached my pretty yellow tree and breathed a sigh of relief. I had reached the middle of my mountain and took a moment to rest. As I sat and reflected I took note of my tree. It was more orange than I had remembered and looked about my mountain. To my left was another yellow tree and even more to my right. All around me were yellow trees. I looked up to see how much further I had to climb and saw I had a whole mountain left.

Climbing and crawling, slipping and falling I had only made it a quarter of the way up. I kept looking up my whole ascent and never bothered to focus on the climb. My heart sank for a small fleeting moment at the realization then I had another thought. I would keep climbing. I would continue to work hard. I would not let pitfalls cloud my judgment. My goal was to reach the top and I decided to focus on the climb rather than miss the trip up. I sat by my new tree and reflected on all the yellow trees I had missed. My climb would be difficult but at least now I could appreciate the foliage around me.

4 April 2014

Ocean

The smell that fills the air
It makes me breath in deep.
The salty taste,
The rotting seaweed,
The fishy aroma
Bring joy to my soul.
Oh ocean, with your crashing waves
And dancing dolphins,
How you reach into my soul
How you awaken me.
With the sand between my toes
And my home behind my back,
I walk along your beaches,
You're a gift to my aching soul. 

No comments:

Post a Comment