21 January 2014

Super Bowl Bound!

The Broncos are off to New York for the Super Bowl to face the Seahawks! On all accounts I am thrilled! Not only did the Broncos win on my little brother's 18th birthday but one of the Seahawks players (I am not giving him the honor of naming him) decided to go on an immature and ridiculous rant. He is also known for getting in the faces of players he has beat and talked down to them. This makes me so badly want a Broncos win just to put this kid in his place. Now with that said let's get ready for the Super Bowl in less than 2 weeks! GO BRONCOS!!!!

While you wait, here are some stories!

19 January 2014

Baby Brother

When I was 7 I was a very happy child. My parents played with me and my brother Darren was my best friend. We would spend countless hours causing mayhem and chaos for my mom. In mid to late 1995 that would all change because that would be the day my mom would tell us we were getting a little brother or sister.

I remember my mom sitting us on the couch. Her belly was doing flips that day and so she thought she would tell us then that she was pregnant with our little brother or sister.

“Feel my tummy. There is a baby in there,” said my mom as best that I can remember.

“Mom there isn't a baby in there. There can't be. Mom you're just fat,” yes I said that to my mom. Darren and I flat out just refused to believe there could be something that would be added to our dynamic.

As time went by, we began to accept the new addition to our family. For me, my new little sibling would be a living doll I could dress up and feed and play with. I just knew I was going to have a sister and I was excited!

I don't remember the day very well. I was too young to understand what labor was and what happens when a baby is born. There were some complications. The umbilical cord was wrapped around the babies throat and my new little sibling had lost oxygen for a while. Thankfully, Christian was okay and on the 19th of January 1996 I got to meet my new little brother. I was so excited! Don't get me wrong, I was super upset he wasn't a girl. I very vaguely remember telling someone they were wrong about him being a boy. He was mine nonetheless.

Darren and I got a new little buddy this day 18 years ago today. I think my mom expected us to be more excited about the news that he was going to be our sibling but we grew into the old sibling roles and learned to love it but I will never forget calling my mom a fat liar (from the mouth of babes) when she told us she was pregnant, I certainly hope she did though because he was a great gift that she gave us.

20 January 2014

The Vain Peacock

Prince Peacock lived in an expansive villa in a rich Indian city. He shared the villa with many other peacocks but no other peacock looked like Prince Peacock. He was a rare white peacock with pink in the eyes of his feathers. Everyone who saw Prince would express how beautiful he was. He would make a point to strut in front of the people with his extravagant tale trailing behind him so that people could always see how gracious and lovely he was.

The rich delegate who owned and named Prince decided one day that his peacock would love a mirror at its level to strut in front of. Prince just loved this. He would spend countless hours staring at himself in his new mirror. Prince would open and close his feathers so he could see the beauty everyone else gets to see.

“How gorgeous I look! The pink is so fine today. Everyone loves my unique feathers,” he would say to himself. His vanity knew no bounds.

One day a tragic event happened in Prince Peacock's villa. A fire had broken out and everyone was running out to safety. The animals were running away yelling for Prince Peacock to leave as well.

“I will just stay put. Someone has to protect the villa from looters. The fire department will arrive eventually and they will see me in all my grace. Plus the fire makes my feathers look glorious. Look how spectacular I look in the flames,” he exclaimed.

The fire was finally put out several hours later. The delegate went through his home to see what could be recovered if anything. Inside his expansive villa he didn't find much left. The only thing really still standing was the mirror he had installed. It had a large crack down the middle and in front of it was Prince Peacock, still staring at himself. All that was left were black ashes and bones. His obsession and vanity blew away with a gust of wind that took his ashes.

No comments:

Post a Comment