11 January 2014

Dress Shopping!

Today my words will be short as I am writing this very quickly! I am going dress shopping for +Kristen Long's wedding! She already got her dress but the bridesmaids need theirs! I am very grateful to be a part of this wonderful event! Hope you guys have a good weekend and GO BRONCOS!!!!! Enjoy my stories and I will see you all on Monday!
  
9 January 2014

An Unlikely Friendship

Patricia had had a happy childhood but at the age of 17 tragedy struck her family and her happy life had come to a very quick end. Now she spent her days in her childhood home watching family after family enjoying all that she had enjoyed. This never made her sad, she was just ever so bored at being stuck 17.

A new family had moved in. This was the 6th one since her death. To Patricia's joy a girl her age was moving into her old room. I wish I could talk to her. Thought Patricia. To her dismay she had never found anyone who was like her when she was alive. She had always been sensitive to “the other side” as they called it in her family. They always thought she was silly for making up such stories. They never believed her but she noticed that throughout the years seeing ghosts became more acceptable.

The new occupier of her room was pretty and looked oddly similar to herself but that wasn't too difficult since Patricia was blond with blue eyes. They were both classic American looking girls. Emma. What a classy name. Patricia loved to spy on her new roommates but she always stayed in the shadows. She really had nothing better to do. The family finished moving very late and Emma finally came to bed where Patricia could observe her by herself.

“Oh Emma if only we could talk to each other,” said Patricia, sad that she had a new friend who couldn't really be her friend.

“Who's here? Who are you? How do you know my name?” Emma said frightened that there was a person in her new room.

“You can hear me? How can you hear me?” Patricia was so surprised! After years she finally could talk to someone.

“Of course I can hear you! You're in my room. Please don't hurt me. I...”

“Hurt you? Why would I hurt you? I couldn't really even if I had wanted to. I am dead. My name is Patricia, but I suppose you can call me Patty if that makes you more comfortable,” Patricia was trying very hard not to scare her new friend. “No one has ever heard me before so I think I am just as shocked as you. I know your name because I have been watching your family move in.”

“Crap. Another house we are going to have to move from thanks to me,” said Emma in a less surprised tone.

“Whoa! You just moved in!” Patricia was nearly devastated that Emma wanted to move. “Why do you have to move?”

Emma explained that since she was little she had seen ghosts. They would keep her up all night long and often times terrified her so bad that they would have to move. She saw evil demons and they would throw her stuff around. No one else in her family saw anything but they believed her because of how fearful she was.

“Let me tell you about those of us that get left here,” started off Patricia, “we really aren't that scary. What happens is some of us get bored. None of your past terrifiers were actually demons. Those follow you and nothing followed you. When we get bored we get creative. We can't actually physically hurt you. Yes we can move stuff but the Big Guy upstairs won't let us throw it at you or touch you.”

“I put my family through all of this for years over bored ghosts? You're kidding, right?” said Emma in her typical teenage tone.

“Ya unfortunately. We can change the way we look. Here let me show you but don't get scared okay” Emma shook her head yes and Patricia began to change into different looks. A cat, a demon, a man and a fat blob ghost.

“Well,” yawned Emma, “That's just unfair. So, Patty, why can I see you and how did you die?”

“You can see me because you have the gift of sight like I had. You'll probably be a ghost when you die too unless you die naturally of old age. As for how I died... that's a long story for another day. You are too tired to stay up for that. Here I will sing you to sleep.”

Patrica sang Emma to sleep with a lovely song and thought about Emma's question on how she died. She should tell her but not yet. She would wait to tell her until this new place felt more like home for Emma. Until then, Patrica would be sure to make sure no teenage boys would sneak into Emma's room so Emma wouldn't face the same fate that Patricia had.

10 January 2014

The Book

I am filled with lots of words and a story that will entertain at least one person. I am full of twists and turns, drama and intrigue, happiness and sadness. Sometimes I sit on tables, sometimes I sit in purses, most of the time I am on a bookshelf observing a room with my comrades. My favorite place to be is in the hands of someone who will love me and remember me even when I am spending my days on a shelf. I start out new and crisp but the more I am loved the more tattered I become. My life isn't always exciting but I bring excitement to the lives of others. This is my story. What is yours?

No comments:

Post a Comment