16 January 2014

Late

Sorry this is late everyone! I started to post it but +Scott Fennell  came home early from work to head off for a business trip so I got distracted! Here are my two stories and you will get another two tomorrow (Friday)! Hope you all enjoy!

13 January 2014

The Scientist

The scientist went to his lab everyday. Everyday he brought his bog of supplies, his coffee and his umbrella. Everyday he walked a block out of his way to avoid the light. This saved him exactly one minute of his day but he missed the beautiful view of the city when he did this. Instead he saw the ugly industrial, graffiti filled view. One day he left his apartment and the little neighbor girl was outside.

“Mr. Scientist, why do you take the way to your job that you do everyday? You miss the pretty sunrise every morning and risk getting robbed with your route,” asked the little girl named Missy.

“Well Missy you see being a scientist I have found the logical route to save me an extra minute everyday,” replied the scientist.

“When you take your route though you don't get to enjoy life like the rest of us happy citizens do. You miss out on watching Mrs. Baker walk her corgis. You miss old Mr. Archer feed the birds. Most of all you miss the way the sun shines off of the art pieces in the park every morning. Instead you ration to see sad sights, not live a happy life and risk being harmed. Mr. Scientist I thought you were smart but I see you are too busy to live. All for one minute. Goodbye mister. I wish you could enjoy the walk I take one day,” Missy waved goodbye and walked with her dad.

Th scientist was dumbfounded by the 7 year old he encountered every morning. She was right. He often feared of being mugged and hated the sites he had to see. That morning he decided to take the extra minute walk. He watched the funny corgis prance around and bark while Mrs. Baker walked them. He watched old Archer feed the insatiable pigeons on Main Street. He saw the sun make the art pieces in the city part look like they were dancing in the morning sun. He was awake and alive for the first time in his life.

The next day he left a note for Missy's parents on her door step it read, “Your sweet child opened my eyes and helped me live my life for the first time. She said that she thought I was smart but that I wasn't acting like it. She changed my view on this world so please take this gift.” The scientist went to his boss the day before and named his new lab the Benson Lab after Missy's family and set up the Missy Scholarship because only through the eyes of a child could he really appreciate the world enough to do the work that mattered. He never saw his city the same way again.

14 January 2014

Diary of Buddy

Ongoing Winter Entry

The days are so short and they are terrifyingly cold. My people make fun of me all the time for shaking constantly but they have sweaters and coats and socks. I just have short fur surrounding my body. They do occasionally give me warm little sweaters to wear but then complain about the smell of wearing it day after day.

I hate when they make me go outside. I still, very stupidly, get excited to prance around outside and pee on everything but as soon as I dash outside I regret that decision. My memory is very short term when it comes to wanting to go out and I forget, a lot.

These winter days I do not make entries often because it is just too chilly. I prefer to lay in bed all day or sit as close to my people as I possibly can to take their warmth. I pray that winter will end soon so I can enjoy the warm sun and soft grass again. Until then I will just look at my people very sad like and hope they can read my thoughts about this deep freeze. See you in the spring.


No comments:

Post a Comment