05 January 2014

New Year, New Post

So I have been finding that writing a story a day, everyday, is not as easy as it seems. I find myself to be an incredibly creative person the only problem is that skips days every once in a while. I have been loving this creative process so much that I decided to make songs into stories and to start writing more personal things like stories I know about my past or have been told about my past. This has certainly gotten the juices flowing again! Hope you all enjoy! I am behind a bit on posting so I will post updated stories over the next couples days in shorter bits. Thanks everyone for your support!

P.S. If you don't get my Run DMC and Beastie Boys reference then I am very sorry for you. If you can name the songs then we are best friends.

29 December 2013

The Frog in the Bog

There once was a frog
Who sat in a bog.
He ate all the fleas
That came from the seas.
His skin was green,
It gave off a nice sheen,
And he loved to hop
Even when he was wet as a mop.
His home was a lily pad,
Life was never really bad.
Frog was friends with the fish,
There was nothing left to wish,
For frog had such great joy
And that wasn't a ploy.

30 December 2013

Run Boys

Now here's a little story I've got to tell so listen in my head I just want to take 'em down.
Imagination set loose and I'm gonna shake 'em down. Back in the day there was this girl around the way. Well this girl came up to me - she says she's new in town. Went to her house and bust her out, I had to leave real early, you be illin'. Foot on the pedal never ever false metal. Engine running hotter than a boiling kettle. Now... This girl Mary I knew so well, I met her on the road in a fly hotel. This girl walked by she gave me the eye when she told me how to walk this way.

31 December 2013

Memories

One afternoon, my brother Darren and I were playing in the basement. Mom hadn't had Christian yet and Darren and I were all we had for entertainment. Our favorite pastime was rollerblading around in the basement and playing bonehead dinosaurs (that is a story for another day). This particular day we grew tired of rolling around and decided to challenge each other to a jumping rope contest. Mom had told us not to jump rope in the basement so we wouldn't break anything. Being 6 and 7 we decided that we would be extra careful.

It took one jump of the rope and CRASH I broke the light cover on the ceiling. Our initial reaction was to freeze. Miraculously, mom had not heard the glass breaking so we ran around the basement looking for a broom and a dust pan. In our cute little brains we thought that if we just swept it up that mom would never notice. The problem was we left tiny, bloody footprints all over the basement trying to cover up our crime.

After some time, mom realized she hadn't heard us for a while and quite children are never a good thing. She came downstairs and like deer in headlights we stopped moving as she turned the corner. We were caught red handed, or red footed, and just froze. Mom wasn't even mad because we had cut our feet up so much trying to clean up. She took us into the bathroom, cleaned us up and sent us upstairs to play while she cleaned up the basement. This wasn't the first bloody accident Darren and I had and it certainly would not be the last but at least we had fun playing!

1 January 2014

Past, Present and Future

Three friends sat at a bar together talking. They were Past, Present and Future and they were celebrating the first day of the year. Past discussed the previous year. There was a lot of bad but a few good things happened too. Past mentioned losses of life, vacations, sporting events and graduations. Future chimed in and scoffed at Past for dwelling in the previous year. There were so many days ahead to fill with hope and joy and many new things to do. Future dreamed of reaching new lands and meeting new people. This is when Present spoke.

“You both speak but you don't understand what you speak of. You are stuck on things that have and have not happened and yet you are completely missing the time that is current. Remember the old, hope for the new but live for the now,” said Present. “This is my gift to you, living for today.”

Past, Present and Future sat together and thought for a minute. They realized that they were not living for now and enjoying each other at this moment. They decided then to talk to each other and enjoy the good company. It is a lesson we all could learn.

No comments:

Post a Comment