19 January 2014

Happy Birthday Baby Brother!

He's not so much a baby anymore seeing as he is 18 today but he will always be my baby brother. Today is also the epic AFC championship game! It'll be a good day!

17 January 2014

I Miss You

I miss you,
Oh, how I miss you.
Like the daisy misses the sun,
Like blades of grass miss the rain,
And the birds miss flight in the sky,
I miss you.
I miss your heart beating close to mine,
I miss the smell of your day
And how my body fits with yours.
I miss the way you play with my hair
And the way your eyes gaze upon mine.
Tomorrow you come back to me,
Our love reaching no bounds,
And with one deep kiss,
My heart will feel like you never left.
Oh my sweet love,
I miss you.

18 January 2014

The Proud Lion

There once was a young lion who lived with his family in the heart of Africa. He was unlike the other lions because he grew bigger and had a mane that grew faster and darker than the rest. Everyone always told him how handsome he was and he was very proud of his looks. With his nose in the air and his head held high, he pranced around the savannah like he owned it.

“Proud lion, so glorious, so handsome,” cawed a bird.

“Yes look at this illuminating creature,” cawed another.

Smugly, the proud lion walked by with a smirk on his face. He knew he was the best and would run day be the king of this land.

“Careful proud lion, even the greatest fall,” cawed a third and wise bird.

“Ha! Bird you know nothing! I am the biggest. I am the strongest. I am the best looking. I am certainly the best!” just as lion said he was the best there was a loud CRASH! BANG! SNAP! “What... what happened where am I?!?!” roared the proud lion, “let me go now! Don't you know who I am?”

“Look at this lion! He is so beautiful! He will make an excellent addition to our zoo,” said the zoologist who had trapped the lion, “listen to his vocals! Even his roar sounds regal. He is definitely the king of the jungle!”

The proud lion was so involved in his vanity and showing off all there was great about him, he never took a moment to look down. If he had he would have seen the signs of danger all around him. The ropes, the trap door, the faint odor of people. All of these things kept the other lions away but this lion's pride made him blind. Now he is a king, a king in a tiny cage with no throne to sit upon. The end.

No comments:

Post a Comment