28 September 2014

The calm before the storm

Today was a good day. Nakita and I worked out this morning and that was tough but I feel great! We are getting ready to go for a run now. She leaves for the navy boot camp soon so I gotta get in as much time as I can with her! Tomorrow is Kristen's wedding and I am so excited!!!! I hope everyone is having a great weekend! Next weekend the Broncos are back!

As for the other parts of today this is what I think about it:


Toodles all! See ya Tuesday!

26 September2014

The Post Office

At the post office people come and go all day. One particular day an elderly man was writing an address on his envelope and stamping it when he saw a young girl standing sadly in line with a box. The old man got in line behind her and struck up a conversation.

“Hello young lady, what brings you to the post office today?” the girl just looked at him and didn't say anything, she was clearly shy, “I wrote this letter to my friend. He lives in New York. In my day we didn't have cell phones we just wrote to each other. We like to keep in contact that way. What is in your box?”

The girl looked at him and finally spoke, “It's my grandpa's old camera. My mother became sick this year and I don't have a dad so I decided to sell my camera because my mom needs help.”

The old man was torn apart by this. How sad for a young girl to lose something so precious to her, “what if I buy your camera? I will even refund the person who bought it. How much did you sell it for?”

“$100,” responded the girl. That was certainly not enough. Th old man gave her $100 and took the box. He gave her a pat on the back and told her everything would be okay. Two weeks later the girl went outside to check the mail. When she opened the door there was a box. She brought it in and when she opened it she was shocked. Inside was the camera she loved so much and ten $100 bills. The girl was even more shocked at this discovery! Every month the girl received a box with different camera things and ten $100 bills. The old man couldn't give much but he gave what he could to a girl who just wanted to help the only person she had left in her life.

27 September 2014

Alien Cats From Planet Arla

Arla was the home of a fine cats species in a far off galaxy. They once inhabited all of the planet but an evil warlord ferret named Karagah took over an attempted to obliterate the cat population. He sold cats into slavery for the ferrets now living on planet Arla and starved them into small numbers. The cats fled their home planet in droves and searched the galaxy for someone to help them conquer the evil ferret Karagah. The cats came across a planet where the great horned owls lived. They made a plea to Lord Maximus for assistance in destroying the evil ferrets. The owls loved eating ferrets, it was their main food group, they were very happy to help. With Lord Maximus in tow, the cats descended on their planet Arla. In a blaze of glory the owls swooped in and picked off the ferrets. Lord Maximus left the evil Karagah in a prison that was inescapable to ferrets and gave him to the cats. The cats celebrated for many days and nights, making sure to parade the evil ferret warlord around the planet. They built up their planet again and never released Karagah. The cats and the great horned owls lived in forever harmony, promising to help each other whenever an enemy attacked one of their planets.



No comments:

Post a Comment