06 September 2014

I want more days like today!

It is a perfect 70 ish degrees out and the sun is shining so I am sitting out back on our swing made by Papa and enjoying the afternoon. Clouds are starting to roll in but otherwise it is perfect. If it were only 5-10 degrees warmer I would be in heaven. I love sitting outside listening to classical music play alongside the crickets. It gives me peace on otherwise non-peaceful days.

In 2 days we will say goodbye to the little boy that Christian is and in a couple months we will get back not only a man but a U.S. Marine. I could not be more proud of him. Life is pretty splendid right now and I am so grateful to have it that way. I hope everyone is having a great weekend. Enjoy it while you can, summer is almost over!

4 September 2014

Our Heart

Our heart,
Such a fickle thing,
It confuses our mind
And makes life difficult.
Our heart say things
That our brain can't process.
We think rationally
But feel irrationally.
Our brain tells us,
It will all be okay,”
Our heart,
The red jail cell of love,
Tells us horrible things,
It is not okay,”
It will never be okay,”
Life is too scary,”
I cannot let go.”
The signals get mixed,
Fear and anger come out,
Our heart tells us
To hold on tight
And never let go!
But we must move forward,
Forge new grounds
For our fickle heart to go
And trust that
Even if our brain and heart
Can't get along
It is our gut where it all
Comes together as one.

5 September 2014

Buddy Diaries: I Can't Deal With The Weather

My people insists on leaving me outside, do they not understand how undignified that is? I lay on the hot porch hoping if I pant enough they will let me in my alas my lady person has figured me out. She sprays down the patio constantly and gives us a large pool to drink from. On occasion she makes us get in the pool and she puts her feet in it. I do not understand this behavior. You drink water and yet they like to be in it. They bath in it daily and put their feet in it. Is this world so harsh that we must bath often? I do not think so! I hate water. Jack will get in it if our lady person does but even he is not quite a fan of the wetness. The summer is unbearable. We get no reprieve from the sweltering heat of the garish sun. All day long it beats down on us like it is attempting to fry our insides. Today is just as bad in a different way. It is freezing and raining. I t is as if the world cannot figure out how to be. Please world! Just give me my bed, an excessive amount of treats and moderate weather. For now I will sit here as my lady human looks at me. I will keep my back to her and sit sadly in the cold wet grass and make her feel bad for me. At least it is not raining any longer but thanks to that I am outside. She keeps threatening me with a bath because I “stink”. Lady person, I smell like the musty dog smell that is proper! Tonight I think I will sleep at their feet and steal all the covers. That will teach them!


No comments:

Post a Comment