08 September 2014

My little brother left for boot camp today.

For the first time in his life, Christian not only left home but also hopped on a plane. He should be in California any time now with two of his buddies. Over the next few months he will grow from a boy into a man and then he can call himself a U.S. Marine. I am so flipping proud of him but also a little heartbroken. It seems like yesterday that he was a little boy. He isn't old enough to be gone from home. He isn't old enough to be grown up. It is also so weird to not be able to text him. On the bright side, I have a new buddy thanks to Christian. His girlfriend is pretty awesome and I so happy she was able to spend this weekend with the family. She is great addition to my life and I am so happy to get to know her better. It'll definitely be nice to have someone to bond with while Christian is gone! I have some pictures and video from today but my internet connection is extremely substandard right now so I will post my stories for the day and just go to bed a little sad that my brother is not here. 

6 September 2014

A Day In the Life of a Washing Machine

For all but one to two days a week I sit in relative quite in the dank, dark room that is the laundry room. My only visitors are the cats and occasionally the dogs who sometimes try to steal the cat food on the floor next to me. The other cat eats on my brother the dryer. We also have the litter box but the fresh scent or laundry makes that bearable. Life is pretty simple until it is laundry day. I become a puking slave of dirty underwear and sweaty T's. Clothes get shoved in my mouth and then a horrid tasting detergent is poured down my gullet. On occasion it is bleach that I get. After adjusting the clothes I get, I spit freezing water on countless pairs of socks, pants and shirts. As I gargle and try to hold everything in, the clothes slowly start to loosen up the dirt and grime that they had carried for a week while waiting for me. I spin them and spin them, puking more water on them until finally I spin them free of all the water I gave them. This happens several times until I get a couple days off. Every other week I have to wash sheets and those are awful! So full of dog hair and dead skin! I have to wash the sheets with scalding hot water to sanitize them. It is all in a days work and for the most part I am left alone. I should really just be grateful I am not the toilet.

7 September 2014

The Birth of Elizabeth I

After a long and exhausting day, I have been delivered of a child. A couple of weeks ago I went into confinement with my ladies. We sat in a dark room for a couple weeks of weeks with no men. My room was designed free of designs of humans and animals so as not to disturb my unborn child. My ladies and I sipped wine and spices as we awaited the pains of labor. It was a pleasant rest after months of celebrations. I have not been well in the end of pregnancy and Henry was fairly concerned for the health of our promised son. Eventually I felt the pains and very quickly, the babe was born. I could hear the fierce lungs of my new child but no one was congratulating me. After the babe was cleaned and wrapped, my lady approached and presented me with my daughter. A daughter. She was beautiful. Strong and fiery red like her father, my precious new daughter looked back at me with piercing black eyes and a feeling of triumph shot through me in her stare.

Henry was entirely displeased with the birth of a daughter. We canceled all celebrations for a son, the coveted son I swore I had inside my belly and the astrologers had predicted. Our coveted son was not born this day but we named our new princess Elizabeth and Henry determined we were young. I feel he was quite relieved that a healthy child was born and I survived with my health as well. He knows we are young and a son can be conceived. I cannot help but look at our new child and think of how wonderful she is. A fierceness lies in her face that gives me a feeling of greatness for her. There is something about her that will change the world. Every ounce of her screams it. My daughter will be great even though she is not the prince Henry so deeply desired.


No comments:

Post a Comment