04 September 2014

Our last two days in Paris... so sad to talk about it.

Today I am posting the last two days worth of pictures from our trip and it is so sad! We ventured to the top of the Eiffel Tower and drank too much near the Moulin Rouge (and no we didn't go in it was around 200 euro, that is insane!). We visited a really cool cemetery and took in the last bits of the city before eating dinner at Les Deux Magots, again, on Hemingway's birthday. The trip was so incredible and I could not be more thankful to my husband for taking me on an adventure of my life. I could not have asked for a better, more romantic place to spend two weeks with the love of my life! I will definitely be going back with him in the future. Without further adieu, here are the rest of the pictures... after some stories of course. 

Happy day all!


2 September 2014

The Death Bed

He lay on his death bed knowing his last breath was around the corner. He felt his chest seizing but his coma made it impossible to reach out to his family and speak. As his last breath approached he suddenly was filled with memories of his past. He remembered being a small child and learning he would be a big brother. How proud that made him feel to be an older sibling to a tiny baby. It happened three more times and he remembered growing up in a wonderfully hectic home with so many brothers and sisters running around. He remembered the day he learned to ride a bike. His dad held him up at first and told him to believe he could do it. He remembered the rush he felt when his dad let go and, for the first time, he rode down his block like he had never known any different. He remembered making a volcano with his parents for the science fair project. Getting the gold ribbon made him feel like he was a champion! He remembered his first date with Becky and his first kiss at the end of the night. He remembered the pure innocence they shared in their young love. He remembered the painful end of that relationship as they moved away to different schools and different lives. He remembered to long days and longer nights of studying and partying in college. His greatest memories began to flood in faster as he felt time slow down to a crawl. Meeting his wife, how nervous he was to ask her father for her hand in marriage, seeing her walk down the aisle, learning he was going to be a father, watching all three of his daughters be born, playing with dolls and having tea with barbies like his girls wanted, watching his girls grow up into wonderful women who gave him sons he always wanted when he walked them each down the aisle. He had left such a pleasant life behind him with many fond memories and many not so fond memories. As he lay on his death bed only the good in life stayed with him. He let out his final breath and all the good memories zoomed around him as he passed with ease onto the next venture in life. His family couldn't help but think of what his last memories could have been. If only they knew it was all about them.

3 September 2014

The Elevator

I stepped onto an elevator today and took an adventure I did not expect. Everything seemed normal until I looked for my floor. The numbers were there but so was another button. This was very reminiscent of Google. It said, “I'm feeling lucky.” I was a bit cheeky this day and decided to try my luck. The elevator went down for what seemed like forever. I listened to music and played some cards until finally the elevator slowed to a stop and dinged. I stood up and took a deep breath and waited. The doors slowly swept open and to my surprise I was in a tropical land. Had the elevator known my day was not so great? It must have known because it sent me to paradise. The ocean beat softly on the beach and crashed on some distant rocks. Birds cawed as they flew around and the air was perfectly warm. I took in my scene. I found a mossy log, rolled up my sleeves and took a lazy beach nap. After what seemed like hours of napping and exploring I hopped on the elevator and headed home to tell my husband. He was excited as all can be and wanted to join me on another adventure. The next day we made our way to the elevator and suppressed our smiles as we both reached for the button to experience the time of our lives. We shuttled on down for a long, long while. We heard the ding and watched as the doors opened up to... 


Loved turning the street corner and seeing this :)


Me and my tower.


Love it!











Looking up to the top from the middle.


Looking down from the middle!

The city is just endless.

Musée dd l'Armée in the gold.







Waiting to buy a ticket to the top! It was very windy and closed for a bit.



We waited a while.



Such a handsome guy!

Heading up. I will admit I cried a little.

At the Bastille Day fireworks show this WHOLE area was filled to the brim with people.

We were staying by that tall tower back there.



Wax figures of Gustav Eiffel, his daughter and Edison.




Arc de Triomphe


So high up! the second bought from the bottom in the river was the one we took for our tour!


I love this picture!!!

At first I thought this was a football field then I remembered I was in Europe.

Our wedding anniversary!





At the top there were different monuments and where they were in relation to what part of the tower you were standing at.





Seriously... it is endless.


Scott took these shots off the top. He leaned his arm out and clicked away!









Champagne at the top!

The man who served us the champagne took our picture and even made everyone stop and move out of the way to get a good shot of us! It was great!


Me being emotional and taking it all in.



So insanely cool!



Here we are at Sacre Ceour. We didn't get any shots of the cathedral but we did walk all the way up to it which is definitely such a hard climb! It is at the top of a hill. a big one.

The Eiffel Tower out there!

See!

Moulin Rouge!!!!


Beers we know!!!!!

At night!

The last day we were here!


The graveyards here are so cool!



The Grand Palais



And the Petit Palais

There was a free museum in the Petit Palais.




The Death of Ophelia.




The museums here were just insanely awesome!





This was a cathedral near Les Deux Magots. It is the oldest church in Paris. It was built in 500 AD. Yes, over 1500 years ago!

It still has a lot of it's original Roman influences in it from the cross in the back (sans Jesus) and the murals and paintings all over it.


There was more woodwork in this one than other churches.




This is a statue from when it was originally built.





One last time!

Such a lovely shot!

I can't believe this was our view!




I could have sat here for days!



And I did! I sat and wrote in my window while I watched the sun go down and the tower sparkle!

Goodnight everyone! I hope you enjoyed my adventures in Paris!

No comments:

Post a Comment