08 July 2014

Tomorrow I go to Paris!!!

Oh wow how time flies! I will be jet setting off to be in a magnificent city with my wonderfully, amazing husband. We have talked about going pretty much since we got together. Two years ago, after we got married, we decided that in the summer of 2014 we would take our trip to Paris. Now I am sitting here and realizing that my dream is coming true! I am going to Paris! I am actually going to Paris! I have been there once before when I was 13 and I have been smitten ever since. Finally after 13 years I get to go back and experience the city as a married adult. This won't be my last trip to Paris, I can assure you of that, but it will likely be the only chance I get to experience the city in a romantic aspect. I am so excited!!!!!!


I will try to keep up with my blog while I am gone but it may be difficult! Happy day everyone! Expect the next two weeks worth of stories to be very French!

6 July 2014

The Gnome

Today I was sitting in my living room and got a knock at my door. I wasn't expecting a package and I wasn't expecting anyone so I went to the door and peeked out. There was no one there. I went back to my living room. Just as I was about to sit down I heard another knock. This time I did not peek out, I annoyingly answered the door to see if some kids were playing tricks on me. There weren't any children running about but there was a quiet cough by my feet. I looked down and saw one of my gnomes trying to get my attention!

“Hey! Hey down here!” he yelled as I quizzically looked at him, “Hey can you please water the plants near the side of the garage a little more often? It is getting extremely hot out here and we need some coverage from well watered plants. My guys are trying to look out for your yard here and you're not watering them.”

His little foot was tapping and his nose was scrunched up. I didn't even know what to think. A gnome from my front yard had knocked on my door and berated me for not watering my garden enough. First of all that is an insult. I water my yard every other day. Everyday waterings are just excessive. Second of all, how in the world is this gnome talking to me! Before I could even respond he stomped his foot.

“Are you listening to me here? You either water the side of the garage more or we are all leaving. You understand?”
“Uh... um... yes? I guess I could water that area more,” what else could I say really? I was still processing that a gnome was talking to me.

When I looked back down, my gnome had gone back to his regular, happy, still position. I grabbed the hose and soaked the area next to the garage that day. The next morning I went outside to do it again and looked at the gnome. He winked at me, apparently approving of the watering attention his guys have been getting. I am not sure what would happen if I do not comply with the gnomes but I don't really feel like trying to find out. I will give short watering sessions to the areas of the gnomes from here on out and try not to upset them again. I mean, I kind of have to since I still don't understand how one gained the ability to knock on my door and make demands.

7 July 2014

What is it that you see?

What is it that you see?
This spark of light
That quivers in a dream?
The torrential rains
That storm through our hearts?
A flash of life
Crashing into our souls?
Do you see what's been left behind?
Have you found the beauty,
The joy,
The terror,
The grandiose possibilities for your being?
Do you have visions of the future?
Or could it be,
You haven't even opened your eyes
And truly seen today?



No comments:

Post a Comment