26 July 2014

I would like to go back to Paris now.

As you will read in my poem today, I am very sad. I have never actually felt so heartbroken over leaving a city. I think it had a lot to do with how much and how long I planned for this trip. It also has a lot to do with how much I love Paris and the culture. I really had such an incredible time there and it will forever sit in my heart but going there just makes me long to go back even more! I found what I was looking for and now I have to find something new to dive head first into. I guess it is time to get serious about writing a book! Once I get more passionate about that maybe I won't feel so sad. At least I have my memories and I am so happy I had someone to share them with. 


24 July 2014

The Prison Break

My kids thought they could hole me up in a nursing home and not think they would have any responsibilities. Boy will they be surprised when they here I am missing. I raised my children very well and took great care of them. They are now doctors and lawyers and landowners but somewhere in my raising them they got selfish and entitled. I got older and had a little bit harder of a time getting around. I needed a little help cleaning and doing chores. My lawyer son took over my estate and stuck me in an old folks home. They never visit and my grandkids are simply rude and mean to me. What those jerks don't realize is that I am a much smarter woman than they take me for. My late husband and I have always put cash away and our friend Betty knows where it is at. Betty lost her husband the same year I did and after I was stuck here, she helped me plan my escape! Right now I am sitting on a beach in Hawaii. My children have surely been informed that I am gone and soon enough they will figure out where I am. They will try to get me back to the home but I am not going. Betty's son is also a lawyer and is helping me get my estate back. I am just going to sit back, soak up the sun and drink my Bahama mama like I should have a long time ago. This granny broke out of her prison and left her jailers behind!

25 July 2014

Sad

What is there to do now,
Thirteen years and it is all over.
I planned and planned
Then had an incredible journey,
My heart was beyond fulfilled
And my memories are numerous
But I feel a void now.
I looked forward to this for so long,
Hard work and compromise got me to Paris
Now I just have sadness at leaving.
The culture, the food, the clothes and the sights,
Things I craved and still can't get enough of.
I sit at home not knowing what to do
As my heart sings a song of sadness,
Aching for my favorite place again.
Never have I felt so melancholy
About leaving a destination,
I feel like I no longer have a purpose.
I am sure I will soon find meaning
Until then I will reminisce,
Think about where I went with my love
And try to find new bearing for my passions.

  

No comments:

Post a Comment