18 July 2014

I figured out why Parisians leave Paris in the summer.

Today was rough. It was about 100 degrees and humid. That is not the worst part. the worst part is the fact that there isn't even the hint of a breeze. None. Not even a warm breeze. Everything is just wet and you feel like you are melting. On the bright side we finished the Louvre and we went to the top of the Arc de Triomphe and we even got in the modern art museum in! The modern art museum was horrible. I just do not understand modern art but we got to see some Picasso's and Dali's so that was cool. Tonight we are going on a dinner cruise and to the top of the Eiffel Tower! 

Being in Paris has taught me a lot. One thing it taught is to truly appreciate deodorant. Mind you mostly tourists are here so the stigma that Parisians stink is almost true. Some do. they wear heavy leather jackets on 100 degree days. Mostly it is the tourists that stink. I know why they sell smelly pouches now. I have also learned that Parisians are either indifferent to everyone or very kind. A lady today very nicely helped us with the metro and she didn't speak very good English. It was incredibly nice of her to assist because we were clearly confused and it was so busy! 

I may not have much time to write this weekend because we are going to Normandy and Mont Saint Michel on Saturday and to Versailles on Sunday. I am BEYOND excited for Versailles! I have already gathered up enough Marie Antoinette stuff to last me a lifetime! I cannot wait to see where she lived and pay her tribute!  

I must day goodbye now and get ready for the dinner cruise!


Francois I. King of France and frenemy of Henry VIII

Random painting in the Louvre.

View from Arc de Triomphe 


You have to climb the stairs to get to the top of the Arc de Triomphe

Tomb of the unknown soldier

Apparently a board with a string in front of it is modern art. I don't get it.

I said to Scott after looking at a bunch of modern art that I didn't like it. I said that any joker could do it and it was barely art. I only won't say it isn't art because I don't believe in that. Then I said that it takes away from real artists because one day some guy thought something was ironic and cool and sold it for lots of money which in turn leads some douche bag to break a light bulb and arrange the pieces and sell that for thousands of dollars. A few minutes later we found this picture.

It is just a sheet. We don't get it!

16 July 2014

Sushi

She had never been so nervous for a date before and she didn't know why. She had known him for years and frankly never liked him until just recently. Watching him race really set him apart from other guys. He was older than her usual boyfriends and far more established in life. He was also nice and so handsome! He picked her up for lunch and took her to a local sushi place. They talked like they had known each other for years and had never skipped a beat. He was so suave and cool, even when she spilled her water all over the table. She never wanted the date to end and, lucky for her, neither did he. He took her to go see Kung Fu Panda and they had a blast. They parted ways that evening but they didn't part from each other's hearts. They sit now in Paris, admiring the other's charms as they fall more in love and make plans for their family to come.

17 July 2014

Mon Pamplemousse

Mon pamplemousse and I
We took a grand adventure.
We visited the ancient prison
That housed Marie Antoinette
And others condemned by the Revolution.
I kissed mon pamplemousse
And took in the Parisian noises
Then we headed to a café
For mochas and ham.
We sauntered down the block
To the Gothic cathedral we know so well.
The gargoyles watched fervently
And the stained glass painted the alters,
Mon pamplemousse was more impressed
By the cathedral was stumbled into before.
It was ornate and yes it was tall
But it wasn't as grandiose
As those built just before
The monarchy's fall,
But that was no matter,
It was all such a galore.
We saw the old Paris streets
He bought me a ring,
Then we walked to Shakespeare and Company
To indulge my literary mind.
With culture still being needed,
We walked to the Louvre
Only to be kicked out quite quickly
And with nowhere to go.
We came home to rest,
Snoring is what mon pamplemousse does best,
Before leaving for another hot spot
Where Hemingway grabbed a bite to eat.
I love mon pamplemousse
He is certainly the best.
He makes Paris more pleasant
Than anyone could have guessed.



No comments:

Post a Comment