04 July 2014

This 4th of July

I have always loved the 4th of July. It is a time to be with family, eat BBQ and blow off some illegal fireworks that everyone got from Wyoming several months in advance. It is always a good time for people to drink and eat. This year means a lot more for my family and a little more for me. As many of you know my brother recently joined the marines and the 4th of July means he is a part of a much bigger thing than fireworks and BBQ's. I have been thinking about his future military career and this country. I feel like the world we live in today is a far reach from what our founding father's saw it to be. We have this idea of freedom but I do not think people understand what it actually means. Freedom is something that we are given but it does not come free. Lives were lost in multiple wars for our freedom. 

This country was built on a strong foundation of liberty, freedom and justice. Freedom of speech, freedom of religion, freedom to be independent, freedom to question and challenge your government. The American Revolution was fought and won so we could live in a country that had fair voting and politicians we can trust. None of that is valued anymore. Politicians are liars, thieves and adulterers. You can be free to do what you want so long as you don't offend anyone. 

I will not have that! I want to be able to speak my mind and not fear what I say. I want to have my beliefs and not be condemned and judged for it. I want to be an independent without liberals and conservatives telling me what I should be. I want to be a woman without being told I am too feminist or not enough of a feminist. I want the government to stop making so many rules and regulations that I feel like I am living the life of a small child again. I want my vote to count and I want this idea of an absolute, tyrannical government to stop being a thing that is forced on us by our own leaders. I want a change and I want to see it in my life time. I will never stop fighting for what is right and that is what this day means to me. It means independence and freedom that have long since been tragically gone from this incredible and amazing country that we live in. as Ron Paul once said:



I was once told that I have always been a rebel and days like today remind me that being a rebel is what the United States of America was founded on.

2 July 2014

The Mad Scientist

I was minding my own business, just sitting on the bench at Clement Park watching the ducks. I usually never talk to anyone when I am out and about. I sit in peace and keep my head down so no one will bother me. I happened to look up and saw this man, he looked confused at first and I kept looking. That's when he looked up at me. He wasn't confused, no, he was down right mad! He walked over to me, gibbering off about some nonsense involving the stars and different chemicals.

“Here! Hold these! And don't drop them. Oh and hold onto your pants, I have found that on occasion they get lost,” he stammered at me.

“What?!?! Uh...um... wait! Hello! Sir what are you doing?”

“Why my dear you are going to time travel with me! I need a daughter for where I am going. We must go now! I did not have time to find a suitable girl so you'll have to be suitable for the moment. Okay hold on tight we have to go?”

What in the world was he talking about? I had no clue! Time travel? What the hell? All I did was look up. I grabbed my pants because he told me to and there was a loud crack. Currently I am writing this in a room above a bar in old wild west Colorado. I am not sure what this mad scientist's scheme is but he actually took me back in time and I didn't lose my pants. I just wanted to watch the ducks.

3 July 2014

A Funeral Fit For a Groundhog

“Today we say our goodbyes to our dear family member Larry. He was struck by a car trying to cross the street. Although Larry was not the brightest groundhog, he was still close to our hearts. We do not get to say a proper goodbye to Larry because the boys could not grab his body from the road. Let's remember Larry as he was, chipper and always excited to go about his daily duties of role call. Larry is survived by his 12 children and his wife, Gertrude. Let's all give a shout to our dear groundhog Larry!”

“To Larry! To Larry!”

Off in the distance there are some people unknowingly watching the groundhog funeral...

“What do you think those groundhogs are squeaking so wildly about?”

“I don't know but they are being so loud! Let's get away from them.”



No comments:

Post a Comment