30 July 2014

Cold and rainy day

I thought it was summer but apparently the world had better plans. In this chill I can reflect. I have so much about my life that I am so appreciative of. I have an incredible husband who makes my life joyous and unbelievable. I have a bunch of girls in my life that are less like friends and more like sisters (Nikki L, Nakita, Robbi, Chrissy and Kristen) and I could not be happier to have them in my life. I have a lovely home, a supportive family and I don't really need for anything. As much as depression and bipolar issues like to sometimes take hold I really feel so much satisfaction in life knowing that I am living the life I always wanted. I have so much to be thankful for that it really makes the bad stuff so much easier to deal with. So thank you to everyone in my life that I am close to. You will never understand how much you mean to me and how much you help me everyday!

28 July 2014

The Pickle

Once upon a time there was a pickle spear. It was crisp and zesty and sat comfortably next to a sandwich and fries. One day, the pickle became curious as to why he was there so he asked the sandwich.

“Sandwich, why am I here? It doesn't make sense. I get put on burgers and sandwiches so why am I in spear form next to you?”

“That is a good question pickle. You see, many years ago, people traveled hundreds and thousands of miles over lands and seas to come to America. That caused people to do weird things like put pickles on top of and next to sandwiches,” responded the sandwich.

“Pretty much you are pointless!” chuckled the fries. This made pickle sad.

“Don't be sad pickle, they are just sad to be cut up potatoes,” reassured sandwich.

Pickles was still confused as to why he sat next to a sandwich but he felt comfort in knowing no one really understood why he existed. He also didn't think too hard on it because he was lunch and a happy pickle lover ate him right up. The end.

29 July 2014

Farewell to the Moon, Hello to the Sun

She lounged back in her pool chair wishing away the moon. Absorbing the warm rays, dewy sweat graced her face and chest. Her slim figure sat still as the breeze wafted over her. She craved the sun, welcoming its touch on her light skin. She felt the tingle of the sun's touch and smiled at the mutual love they shared for each other.

“Oh sweet sun! Stay, don't go away. Keep me happy and warm. Stay! Stay and never go to bed so the garish moon can rise!” she pleaded.

The sun heard her pleas and decided to give her a response. As she watched, the sun shifted and molded until a piece of it warped off into the shape of a man. She was mystified and curious. Was this the sun she loved so much in human form? He couldn't possibly be human, he did not look human. He was like a glowing flame straight from the sun in human form.

“I come to you from the sun, a gift for all your devotion,” the sun form announced, “I have come to take you with me.”

She was in awe and thrilled at her gift. She could not stop staring at him. He was a perfect, glowing form and she just wanted to touch him.

“Where will we go my new love?” she asked.

With that, the sun reached out its arm and touched her. She began the feel her whole body get extremely hot and suddenly she was completely inflamed. She felt all her worries and fears wash away and suddenly she felt whole.


“We are going to the heavens where the moon never visits, my new star,” he reached his hand out to take hers and she could not help but look at her new glowing skin. She took his hand and they shot up into the heavens to live forever without the night.


No comments:

Post a Comment