24 July 2014

Happy and sad to be home.

Paris was simply amazing, the flight home was horrible. We sat in front of crazy people who could not comprehend that you are allowed to put your seat back once the plane is up. They yelled at us in some Eastern European language, insisting that they had no leg space and we needed to put up our seats. They slammed stuff around behind my chair and banged on my seat. The more even called me a b****. Luckily the flight attendant told them that we were allowed to put our seats back (yes they actually complained once Scott put his seat back) and they calmed down for the last two hours of an eight hour flight. To make things better, our flight from New York was nearly 2 hours delayed and most of that was spent sitting on the tarmac taxing to the runway. We made it home safe and sound though and today was exhausting for no other reason except Scott had to work and we both were worn out. I wish we could spend more time in Paris but I am happy to be in my own home with my friends and family again. Tomorrow I am going to go through all my pictures and delete the useless ones then post them! I hope everyone is having a good day and I can't wait to share more pictures of my adventures with my husband!

One last foggy view of my favorite place

22 July 2014

The Buddy Diaries: My People Have Left Me

My people packed many bags a very long time ago and have not come back. They left us all here with a lady my people are familiar with. She is very nice and I do like her but I am unsure as to where my people have gone or when they will be home. We have a new guest in our home and no one is particularly fond of her. She is like Sage and that seems to really anger Sage. They seem to fight constantly and Sage has been very cruel to our new guest. At one point, Myssa tried to learn her name but she attacked Myssa and Jack and I had to chase the new cat away. Myssa clearly appreciated that because she doesn't hiss at us as often anymore. I miss my people and I fear they have abandoned us. I like our new owner but I really do hope my people come back soon. I am going to sit in my kennel now and hope that this new guest will leave soon and I will get my people back.

23 July 2014

Goodbye Paris

Sitting on the window sill, I watch the clouds and fog hover around the Eiffel Tower for the last time, on this trip at least. The click clack of shoes walking off to the metro wafts up from the street and the laughter of children fills the air. The moisture is thick in the air on this cool morning and it feels like a slight drizzle may puncture the sky. The sounds of the city are calmer this day, maybe they know we are leaving today. Below us on the street a truck is broken down and quickly men work to repair it. It is a one way street and luckily it is an odd day. It wasn't very busy and only a couple cars tried to make it down the street. I take in one more deep breath of the Parisian air. It is unlike any other city. The smell of the boulangerie mixed with the wetness lingering in the air give your nose a sweet and pleasant aroma to sniff. The smells, the sounds, the sights and the feel of the city give a bittersweet tug at my heart. I am so sad to leave. I want to sit in my window sill until the end of days and never leave the beautiful scene before me. As sad as I am, I do miss home. I miss my routine and animals and I miss my life. The adventure we had was once in a lifetime, one you could never forget. Goodbye Paris, I will miss you deeply. My heart has forever left a piece behind. I sit in the window sill this final time to capture one last complete essence of stay here. Like a frozen moment in my memory, I will hold my dream view tightly in my thoughts. I will smell the city, hear the sounds and feel everything once more so as to never forget the incredible place I was able stay for two weeks with my husband.


No comments:

Post a Comment