06 March 2014

Just some stories

4 March 2014

My Girl

She sits across from me. Donning that green and black dress I love. It has green down the middle and black lines the sides. That dress flaunts the curve of her hips, slims her perfect stomach and perfectly accentuates her breasts. All of this without showing any cleavage or skin above her knees. She looks at me. This beautiful creature whose green eyes are even more stunning in this dress.

Her eyes shimmer prettier than any emerald possessed by man. Bright green and gazing at me with an intensity I cannot comprehend. She gazes at me for just a moment before tossing her head back in a great laugh at something I have just said. Her blond hair is pulled back to show off her perfect face. She used to hide it with make up but now she only paints her lashes and her lips, just the way I like.

My gorgeous wife and all her glory. She walks to the counter with our glasses, showing off her long legs. She wears green heels to match her dress and to display her ideal calves. Her calves, the envy of all the girls and her favorite feature. I can't help but be in love with this impeccable woman. Her grace, her clumsiness, her intellect, her goofiness, all of what she is simply amazes me.

I watch this beauty, in my favorite green dress and enjoy the vision that she is. If only I could speak these words to her. Tell her how I feel, but alas I am at a loss of words. I have never been that great at expressing my feelings but when she looks at me with all the passion and admiration she can muster, I just know she can read my mind. Words may not come to mind but for now I will enjoy how exquisite she is. My sweet wife, my girl, my love.

5 March 2014

The Gilded Menagerie

The birds had a grand menagerie. All its sides were gilded and there were gilded designs all over all the glass. The birds had golden perches and bowls. They were given golden twine for nests and the best spring water. All of this made their world glimmer and shine like a diamond. There were lilies, tulips, orchids and roses lining the floor of the menagerie. Vines and sunlight shot around like it was connecting endless beauty. The menagerie was exquisite and the birds were joyous.

One day, a little canary was on the ground enjoying the greatness of her home, when she saw a mouse. The little gray mouse was dashing around, collecting seeds and other food. This peaked the canary's interest. She knew what the mouse was because she had seen them from her nest but she had never seen one up close.

“Hello little mouse! Welcome to my humble home. Would you like a tour of our menagerie?” asked the canary. The mouse didn't know what to do. There was nothing threatening about the situation so he put his food down.

“Why hello canary. I know this place really well, I love to eat and rest here! I have a home outside of here. My home isn't very big but my family is happy and we have the whole world to explore. This menagerie is lovely but there is a great world outside these gilded walls,” replied the mouse.

“A better world than this? That's unbelievable!” the canary was stunned at this thought, “Please little mouse, Come with me to my home in the tree and tell me about this world you mentioned!”

The little mouse and canary walked through the colorful grounds of the menagerie. The canary pointed out her favorite set of lilies, her favorite color of tulips and her favorite sunning spot. She wanted the mouse to see that there was nowhere better than her home. When they got to her tree she pointed out how it was in the middle of the menagerie and in the prettiest little tree, prettier than the rest!

“Welcome to my nest little mouse. Please have some water and seeds. All are welcome here. Now, tell me about this world of yours. Why do you think this beautiful, golden menagerie isn't as great as the outside world?” the canary was a bit teasing but genuinely curious.

“Well let's see I guess I should tell you about all the bad things first. The weather is never stable. We animals can feel the change coming so we can prepare but days get too cold and then get too hot. We just have to deal. We gather as much food as we can and look out for big animals who want to eat us,” explained the mouse.

“That sounds horrible! No one worries here we have all the food and water and shelter we need!” proclaimed the canary.

“Of course not all of it is bad. This just makes us strong for the sometimes harsh world. There is so many great things about the world though! We have an expansive sky. You can't find the end of it. The blue sky goes on forever. We have trees that are as tall and taller than large buildings! In some places there are wheat fields that go on for miles!

These flowers you have here are wonderful but outside these gilded glass walls are more flowers than you have feathers! In every color and size you can imagine. People even like to collect them and put them in vases on their tables. We have mountains and canyons. There is so much to this world that you just can't get here,” the mouse was so caught up on telling about the world that he nearly forgot he was with the canary.

“This world of yours sounds so splendid. My heart can't decide what I like. I am happy here. I am comfortable but suddenly you make me feel caged in my menagerie. I question whether or not I want to be here or be out there,” the canary was confused now. She looked out at the sun shining in. The warmth of her home. Even when the weather was bad outside, it was always nice inside.

“Well kind canary, let me help you make up your mind. In here you are happy. You are satisfied. You enjoy your world. Out there you might feel the same but you weren't born into it. You wouldn't know how to survive a chill or a an overheating. In my world I have learned that when you are happy, stay happy. When you are unhappy and unsatisfied, change your world and be happy,” the mouse smiled at the canary and the advice helped.

“Little mouse, I have an idea. Bring your family and live here in this safe and happy menagerie!” the canary was very proud of her idea.

“Thank you so much canary but I like my home. My family is happy and we enjoy scampering around the world. We may have to try harder to survive but we find our happy moments. My family would be bored here but I tell you what, how about I bring my family here every once in a while and spend time with you? I can help you build a lunching place to fit us all,” it was a splendid idea that the mouse had.


Every week the little mouse family visited the menagerie. All the birds loved time with them especially the little canary. She realized she loved her home and her life. She couldn't leave her friends and the wonderful people who kept the place so pretty. Plus she felt more of the outside world by having the new mouse family as friends. Life was good and no on wanted to leave their happy placess, no matter how small or gilded they were.

No comments:

Post a Comment