14 March 2014

Beowulf

Today I purchased my very own copy of Beowulf. Some might pondered why I would do such a thing? The answer is this: Beowulf is by far one of my favorite tales ever told. It is true story telling at its finest and sits just below Chaucer's Canterbury Tales as my second favorite piece of writing in history. Adding to my collection I also purchased The Jungle, Siddhartha and the complete collection of F. Scott Fitzgerald. In high school I hated all of this (except Canterbury Tales and Beowulf). The problem was that I was 14 trying to read work meant for people over the age of 20. I could not possibly understand the concepts in the stories because they meant nothing to that phase in my life. Now all of these stories bare so much to me that I just could not possibly keep them from my personal library.

My objective is to own every great piece of literary work. I want it all so I can pass down my passion and knowledge to my children. I want to show them what a great world there is to find in a story and hear what theories they come up with after reading them. I also hope to one day have a piece of work that can be added to the list of great literary works. As you can see I am working on that part... every single day!

As I say before and will say again, thank you so much for taking the time to read my writing and enjoy my stories. It means the absolute world that I get to share my craft with others. I hope everyone is having a beautiful Friday and happy Pi day!

12 March 2014

The Swap

Lunch is the best time of any elementary aged child. It is a break in the day and a time to play. It is the best for everyone but Molly. Everyday, Molly's well intending mother gave her beet juice drinks, kale and spinach sandwiches and pine nuts. She hated it. All the other kids ate delicious foods that didn't taste like dirt and Molly hated it. Sh never liked going to lunch.

One day, Alexia saw that Molly seemed extremely disappointed at her lunch options and decided to help her out. Alexia went around to all the kids and gathered yummy pieces of their lunch. There were pb&j sandwiches, bananas, peaches, pretzels, chocolate milk and more! Once she had everything necessary for a tasty lunch she brought it to Molly.

Molly was so grateful at her new friend's generosity. She ate up all her new food and felt so much joy at being able to fit in. Once Molly was done she realized she had a new dilemma. All her mother's well meaning food was going to go to waste. That is when one student suggested they feed it to the class rabbit. The swap worked and the rabbit loved his new food, not to mention the teacher loved not having to buy the rabbit food from her own pocket. Everyone was happy and now Molly looked forward to lunch everyday!

13 March 2014

Jack and the Snow


When the snow sprinkles down from the sky my heart flutters with excitement. My fur makes me very warm sometimes but the snow cools me and tickles my nose. I like to run around the yard and lick up the snow as it falls. Once I have had enough of that, I like to throw myself on the ground and roll around in the freshly fallen white powder. I roll and roll and toss and flip. I throw the snow up in the air with a flick of my nose and race around the yard like a puppy again. Eventually I go inside and, lucky for me, the snow stays with me. Little snow balls form all over my belly when I play outside and take them in with me. I lay on my back to show off my work. My mommy and daddy love what I have done and take pictures of me. I am just happy because the snow melts on me. Soon it'll be spring and I can roll in the grass but for now I will enjoy the cold snow.

No comments:

Post a Comment